Centennial Mass and Kickoff Celebration…THANK YOU!
On behalf of the whole parish of St. Luke, I want to express our appreciation to all who made the Centennial Mass and Kickoff Celebration such a wonderful event.
Several people spent months and made significant contributions to the successful launch of our year of celebration. We thank them all, especially the following:
- Deepest appreciation to Jim Fox and The Kings’ Men, our cluster men’s ministry, who organized the clambake, worked tirelessly before, during and after the event, and covered the cost of the band. The event simply does not happen without their service and leadership.
- Centennial Committee members who worked at the event selling tickets and more: Rachel Kratofil (co-chair), Lou McMahon (co-chair), Lynn McMahon, Carol Ormsby, Susanna Hughey, Amy Gurbach, Emily Ahlin, Andrew Oswald, Pat Dutko, Sarah Blesi, Max Hall and Sr. Jennifer.
- Lakewood Catholic Academy, for hosting the event and take down of the gym after Mass.
- Pat and Karen Lenehan, for donating cost for tents/tables/chairs and for contributions via Proforma for the Centennial website.
- Dorothy Falcone and Brennan’s Florist, for supplying the Altar flower arrangements.
- Great Lakes Brewing Company and Dan Conway, for donation of beer.
- Brennan’s Catering and Sean Brennan, for serving the clambake without a Service fee and for donating the clam chowder.
- Lobster Brothers and Joe Feran for supplying clambakes at cost.
- Denis DeVito and Cats on Holiday for performing late into the night at minimum cost.
- Joe Kavalac and KPM Property Management, set up gym for Mass, providing and set up major electrical supply for the event in back.
- Phil Parente and Tip Top Tents, for tent supply at cost.
- Lakewood Knights of Columbus for set up/cleanup/bartending and cooking, and for leading the procession into Mass.
- Timi Kormos for making the lovely table centerpieces
- Dave Hradek for assembling and disassembling the temporary stage for band.
- The Great Lakes Construction Co. for supplying lumber for stage, light plants, grills.
- United Rentals for portojohns at 50% discount.
- Steve and Michelle Daray for providing the desserts and coffee supply.
- All of our generous table sponsors.
This was the kickoff of our year-long celebration!
Join The King’s Men and the whole parish for Eucharistic Adoration November 9 and every second Tuesday of the month.
The Centennial Committee has more events planned, including a Women’s Retreat on December 4 and a Christmas Caroling Event on December 11.
Please watch the bulletin, Flocknote and the website for more information.
St. Luke Parish Centennial—Going Forward in Christ!
Peace of Christ,